Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Three sites worth viewing

These three sites are obsessive worthy. They each hold a special place in my google reader, and I encourage everyone to take a look and add it to your daily list.

  • Cupcake Blog: She will turn anything dessert-worthy into a beautiful mini-masterpiece. I haven't sampled the recipes yet, but I have made it a January '08 resolution to try this recipe first. By the way, this was the very first foodie blog I ever subscribed to. It has NEVER disappointed.
  • Burnt Lumpia serves flavorful filipino dishes. What I enjoy most is Mr. Lumpia's love of food and honest look into his culture, which just so happens to be my own. Other than lumpia, adobo and sub-par pancit, I've never ventured into authentic food from the homeland, but his posts make me want to. What I love most on this site, though, is his relationship with "kal", a sweet (and tart) kalamansi tree that I am willing to babysit if ever given a chance. Here's a link to Kamansi Granata, which I will try the next time I get a hold of that precious citrus. In the meantime, I'll stock up on Kalamansi soda at the local Asian market - yum!
  • Steamy Kitchen: After maybe 2-3 years of reading food blogs, it wasn't until July of 2007 till I cracked and HAD to try a recipe. It was the already mentioned german pancakes over at the steamy kitchen and let me tell you, it is m FAVORITE breakfast item of all time. I did more than just try the recipe, I also adopted her tradition of making it on Sunday mornings. I took a break when school got out of hand, but I'm making it up already by having it twice in the past week. This chicken is next.

1 comment:

SteamyKitchen said...

Thanks for trying the pancakes!