Saturday, December 29, 2007

German Oven Pancakes

So for breakfast this morning I made German Oven Pancakes. I got the recipe over at Jaden's Steamy Kitchen. I forgot to take a picture, but I do cook this quite often, so a picture will come up again soon. I adjust the recipe by either adding vanilla extract or german vanilla sugar. So good. This morning I made it with a mixture of apricots, asian pears, peaches and bananas. It's a good combination that I will definitely try again.

I also made homemade whipped cream. I used to make it with one of those handheld mixers which was good because I can sense when it was good and whipped. It's too hard to tell when you don't control it and I was so scared it was going to turn to butter. It didn't, but I can't wait till I get to know the mixer a little better.

2 comments:

SteamyKitchen said...

great idea to use vanilla sugar! in fact, I have like 3 lbs of vanilla sugar that a company sent me to review - and now I know exactly what I'm going to do with it. well, a couple tablespoons of it, at least.

what is "german" vanilla sugar? never heard of it.

*a* said...

I feel like I'm chatting with a celebrity because I've been reading your blog for so long. I don't think German Vanilla sugar is different from regular vanilla sugar. I first heard of it when I lived in Germany so I consider it german. The brand is "Dr. Oetker", which is german sounding.